ellaOne contains lactose
If you’ve got been told by your medical professional or other medical practioner that you have got an intolerance for some sugars, inform your pharmacist before you take this medication.
3. How exactly to just simply just take ellaOne
Always just just just take this medication just as described in this leaflet or as the pharmacist, physician or other medical practioner has said. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you should be unsure.
How exactly to just take the ellaOne tablet
- simply simply Take one tablet by lips at the earliest opportunity with no later than 5 days (120 hours) after non-safe sex or failure that is contraceptive. Use the tablet straight away.
- You can easily just take the tablet at any right amount of time in your cycle.
- Ou may take the tablet whenever you want of this either before, during or after a meal day.
- Before you take ellaOne”) or if you have used one of these medicines in the past 4 weeks, ellaOne may work less effectively for you if you are using one of the medicines that may prevent ellaOne from working properly (see section above ““What you need to know. Get hold of your medical practitioner or pharmacist before making use of ellaOne. Your physician may recommend another kind of (non-hormonal) crisis contraceptive, i.e. A Cu-IUD.
If you vomit after using ellaOne
If you vomit (be ill, provide) within 3 hours of using the tablet, just simply just take another tablet at the earliest opportunity.
When you yourself have intercourse again after using ellaOne
If you have got unsafe sex after using the tablet, you won’t stop you from becoming pregnant. You should use condoms every time you have sex after you take the tablet and until your next period comes.
Should your next duration is late after using ellaOne
After using the tablet, it really is normal for your next duration become several days later.
Nonetheless, if for example the period is much a lot more than 7 days later; if its unusually light or unusually hefty; or you experience observable symptoms such as for example stomach (stomach) discomfort, breast tenderness, vomiting or sickness, you are expecting. You ought to execute a pregnancy test straight away. That you see your doctor if you are pregnant, it is important. (See part “Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility”).
In the event that you just take more ellaOne than you should
There have now been no reports of side effects from using an increased dosage than suggested with this medication nevertheless do pose a question to your pharmacist, physician or any other medical practioner for advice. If you’ve got any more concerns on the usage of this medication, pose a question to your pharmacist, physician or other doctor.
4. Feasible part effects
Like all medications, this medication could cause unwanted effects, but not everyone gets them.
Some signs such as for example breast tenderness and stomach (belly) discomfort, throwing up (vomiting), queasy (sickness) will also be feasible indications of maternity. In the event that you skip your period and experience such signs after using ellaOne, you need to perform a maternity test (See part 2 “Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility”).
Typical part effects
(these may influence as much as 1 in 10 individuals)
- Sickness, stomach (stomach) discomfort or discomfort, vomiting
- painful periods, pelvic discomfort, breast tenderness
- hassle, dizziness, swift changes in moods
- muscle discomfort, straight back discomfort, tiredness
Unusual part effects
(these may impact as much as 1 in 100 individuals)
- Diarrhoea, heartburn, wind, dry lips
- uncommon or irregular genital bleeding, heavy/prolonged durations premenstrual problem, genital discomfort or release, smaller or greater sexual drive
- hot flushes
- appetite changes, psychological problems, anxiety, agitation, sleep disorders, sleepiness, migraine artistic disruptions
- pimples, skin damage, irritation
- temperature, chills, malaise
Rare side effects
(these may influence as much as 1 in 1,000 individuals)
- Vaginal discomfort or itching, discomfort during intercourse, rupture of an ovarian cyst, unusually light duration
- loss in concentration, vertigo, shaking, disorientation, fainting
- uncommon feeling in eye, red attention, sensitiveness to light
- dry throat, disruption in flavor
- hives (itchy rash), experiencing thirsty
Reporting of part effects
If you receive any relative negative effects, confer with your pharmacist, physician or other medical practioner. This can include any side that is possible perhaps maybe not placed in this leaflet. You could report effects that are side (see details below). By reporting unwanted effects it is possible to offer additional information on the security of the medicine.